Urgent update: There are lots of jobs available in retail, hospitality and construction and we are working with the employers to recruit staff ready to work. If you are interested,…
Free employment support and advice for people in-work or looking for work
Next Step Edinburgh is a free service for those who are in-work looking for a better job.
We also support anyone who has been unemployed for 18 months or less* and is ready to work
Next Step Edinburgh can offer the following:
- Access funding for training so you can get the job you want instead of the job you have
- Search and filter the jobs available and send you the ones that are right for you.
- Direct links to employers who are recruiting right now
- Specialist support for EU residents living in Edinburgh. We can find the jobs that match your experience and qualifications or get you the training you may need so you can get your dream job.
- Advice and support with an employment dispute
- Help with writing your CV, application form or interview preparation
Our support is free, flexible and tailored to your needs. Plus, we promise to stick with you for as long as it takes, so get in touch:
*For residents of Muirhouse, Bingham Magdalene and The Hays we can offer support to longer-term unemployed clients
Recently lost your job?
We are working alongside employers who are recruiting right now
Looking for a better job
We are supporting working people who are looking for a better job. If you are on a zero hours contracts, receiving minimum or a low wage or just want a better job – we can help you!
We can advise you of how to find work in a new field. We will help you tailor your application / CV or find the vocational training you will need to get where you need to be.
Here we chat with 5 clients – all with very different life and work experience – who came to Next Step Edinburgh to support them as they looked for work….
Nicole put her time on furlough to good use – so when she was made redundant she had already taken charge of her situation. Here she shares her story: “After…